Current:Home > FinanceCéline Dion Releases New Music 4 Months After Announcing Health Diagnosis -TradeSphere
Céline Dion Releases New Music 4 Months After Announcing Health Diagnosis
TradeEdge Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 21:40:41
A new day has come—and so has new music from Céline Dion.
The Grammy winner has dropped her song "Love Again" for the upcoming movie of the same name, making it her first release since sharing her diagnosis with stiff-person syndrome.
"NEW TRACK ALERT!" her team wrote in an April 13 Instagram post. "Available now, 'Love Again,' the title track from the motion picture. Mark your calendars, on May 5, the movie hits theatres and on May 12, the full album, featuring 5 new Celine songs, will be available!"
In addition to providing music for the movie—which stars Sam Heughan and Priyanka Chopra—Dion makes her film debut, playing herself. (Chopra's husband Nick Jonas is also set to make a cameo.)
"I had a lot of fun doing this movie," Dion said in a press release. "And to have the privilege of appearing with the beautiful and talented actors Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Sam Heughan in my very first feature film is a gift that I will cherish forever. I think it's a wonderful feel-good story, and I hope that people will like it, and like the new songs too."
"Love Again" and the four other tracks featured in the film mark Dion's first new music since 2019, when she released her 27th studio album Courage.
It also comes four months after the "Because You Loved Me" singer shared she had been diagnosed with the rare neurological disorder stiff-person syndrome.
"I've been dealing with problems with my health for a long time," Dion said in a Dec. 8 video, "and it's been really difficult for me to face these challenges and to talk about everything that I've been going through."
She noted the condition has caused her to experience muscle spasms.
"Unfortunately, the spasms affect every aspect of my daily life," she continued. "Sometimes causing difficulties when I walk and not allowing me to use my vocal cords to sing the way I'm used to."
The "My Heart Will Go On" artist informed her fans that she has "a great team of doctors" and that her children with late husband René Angélil—René-Charles, 22, and twins Nelson and Eddy, 12—have supported her in her journey. And Dion confirmed that her ongoing health has caused her to take a break from her decades-long music career.
"All I know is singing," she noted. "It's what I've done all my life, and it's what I love to do the most. I miss you so much. I miss seeing all of you. Being on the stage, performing for you. I always give 100 percent when I do my shows. But my condition is not allowing me to give you that right now. For me to reach you again, I have no choice but to concentrate on my health at this moment. And I have hope that I'm on the road to recovery. This is my focus, and I'm doing everything that I can to recuperate."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (2)
Related
- What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
- Dolly Parton Defends Doll Elle King After Performance Backlash
- 3 South Carolina deputies arrested after allegedly making hoax phone calls about dead bodies
- Married 71 years, he still remembers the moment she walked through the door: A love story
- Moving abroad can be expensive: These 5 countries will 'pay' you to move there
- Louisiana lawmaker proposes adding nitrogen gas and electrocution to the state’s execution methods
- Kansas City Chiefs Share Message After 22 Wounded in Shooting at 2024 Super Bowl Parade
- Things to know about California’s Proposition 1
- The Best Stocking Stuffers Under $25
- This Valentine's Day my life is on the line. You could make a difference for those like me.
Ranking
- Stamford Road collision sends motorcyclist flying; driver arrested
- 3 people questioned after 4 students shot in parking lot of Atlanta high school: What we know
- Tiger Woods to play in 2024 Genesis Invitational: How to watch, tee times and more
- North Dakota takes federal government to trial over costs to police Dakota Access Pipeline protests
- Most popular books of the week: See what topped USA TODAY's bestselling books list
- Betting on the Super Bowl was brisk at sportsbooks in big U.S. markets
- One dead, 21 wounded amid shots fired into crowd after Kansas City Chiefs rally: Live updates
- These Cool Graphic Tees Will Instantly Upgrade Your Spring Wardrobe
Recommendation
Jamie Foxx reps say actor was hit in face by a glass at birthday dinner, needed stitches
House Homeland chairman announces retirement a day after leading Mayorkas’ impeachment
Hundreds of nonprofit newsrooms will get free US election results and graphics from the AP
Don’t Miss Amazon’s Baby Sale with up to 58% off Playpens, Cribs, Car Seats & More
'We're reborn!' Gazans express joy at returning home to north
John Oliver on 'Last Week Tonight' return, Trump 2024 and the episode that hasn't aged well
People's Choice Awards host Simu Liu promises to 'punch up': 'It's not about slandering'
Three officers are shot in Washington, police say. The injuries don't appear to be life-threatening