Current:Home > reviewsEchoSense:Kate Middleton Released From Hospital After Abdominal Surgery -TradeSphere
EchoSense:Kate Middleton Released From Hospital After Abdominal Surgery
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 22:02:45
Let's give Kate Middleton a royal welcome home.
After spending nearly two weeks in the hospital recovering from abdominal surgery,EchoSense the Princess of Wales has left the London Clinic.
"She is making good progress," Kensington Palace confirmed in a statement obtained by NBC News Jan. 29. "The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided. The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world."
Kensington Palace first announced Kate's hospitalization on Jan. 17, sharing she'd successfully undergone the procedure the day before and that she would spend 10 to 14 days in the hospital before heading back home to continue her recovery. And Prince William was by his wife's side as he was photographed leaving the London Clinic after a visit on Jan. 18.
Citing Kate's desire to keep her medical information private, the Palace didn't go into detail on Kate's condition and said it would "only provide updates on Her Royal Highness' progress when there is significant new information to share." However, a Palace source confirmed to NBC News that it was noncancerous.
And ultimately, the Palace expressed Kate's wish to "maintain as much normality" for her and William's three children—Prince George, 10; Princess Charlotte, 8; and Prince Louis, 5—as possible during this time.
Though Kate is now out of the hospital, it will be a while before fans see her at any engagements. After all, the Palace previously explained that, "based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Still, she made it clear she is looking forward to resuming her royal duties as soon as she is able to do so.
"The Princess of Wales wishes to apologize to all those concerned for the fact that she has to postpone her upcoming engagements," the Palace noted in its Jan. 17 statement. "She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible."
As followers wait for Kate's return, here's a recap of more royal news shared so far this year.
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that King Charles III "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
(E! and NBC News are both part of the NBCUniversal family).
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (81485)
Related
- Juan Soto praise of Mets' future a tough sight for Yankees, but World Series goal remains
- Families of hostages not slated for release from Gaza during current truce face enduring nightmare
- Mississippi deputy wounded as officers exchange gunfire with possible suspect in earlier killing
- AP Week in Pictures: North America
- 'As foretold in the prophecy': Elon Musk and internet react as Tesla stock hits $420 all
- Wild's Marc-Andre Fleury wears Native American Heritage mask after being told he couldn't
- Wild's Marc-Andre Fleury wears Native American Heritage mask after being told he couldn't
- Beware! 'The Baddies' are here to scare your kids — and make them laugh
- Highlights from Trump’s interview with Time magazine
- Small Business Saturday: Why is it becoming more popular than Black Friday?
Ranking
- Jamie Foxx reps say actor was hit in face by a glass at birthday dinner, needed stitches
- I investigated the crimes of Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos — and loved 'Here Lies Love'
- At least 9 people killed in Syrian government shelling of a rebel-held village, the opposition says
- Stakes are clear for Michigan: Beat Ohio State or be labeled a gigantic fraud
- Finally, good retirement news! Southwest pilots' plan is a bright spot, experts say
- 'Like seeing a unicorn': Moose on loose becomes a viral sensation in Minnesota
- The casting director for 'Elf' would pick this other 'SNL' alum to star in a remake
- Washington Commanders fire defensive coaches Jack Del Rio, Brent Vieselmeyer
Recommendation
Moving abroad can be expensive: These 5 countries will 'pay' you to move there
Buyers worldwide go for bigger cars, erasing gains from cleaner tech. EVs would help
Police identify North Carolina man fatally shot by officer during Thanksgiving traffic stop
Man arrested in fatal stabbing near Denver homeless shelters, encampment
The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
Nice soccer player Atal will face trial Dec. 18 after sharing an antisemitic message on social media
'Saltburn' ending: Barry Keoghan asked to shoot full-frontal naked dance 'again and again'
Nice soccer player Atal will face trial Dec. 18 after sharing an antisemitic message on social media